NorthFarm
Hi.

I went ahead and bought the upgrade and activated my 6.0.1.1 beta. Unfortunately this resulted in my 5.5.2.4 to become a Free edition. Not what I had hoped for since there are still issues in the 6.0 version I would have liked to have solved before going into full production on 6.0!

It would be OK to render my 5.5 useless when 6.0 is out of beta, but not before!

I simply bought the upgrade now to get the forum discount - NOT to be forced to use a beta version for my primary brain.

Can I reactivate my 5.5 as a Pro version?

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
NorthFarm
Ha ha. Not forced anyway but here is a clue to another problem that has been described in other posts earlier.

I have PSI (Personal Security Inspector) installed on my PC.
PSI reported that I had an unsafe version of java on my machine. This was a version 1.6.0_12. That stumped me because I'm fairly adamant about only running the newest java on my machine and also to delete old versions that for some reason do not get deleted in the upgrade. But the java.exe PSI was nagging me about was in \PersonalBrain\jre\bin and it was deactivated by PSI. Then PB was no longer a Pro version and the next time I started it it wouldn't at all.

OK, I have reactivated the java.exe in PersonalBrain BUT how is it TheBrain can tell us time and time again to be sure to use the latest java when you send and old one out in your own installation?

Also this might very well have to do with the problem several of the forum members have described that we run the newest java but PersonalBrain reports using 1.6.0_12 instead.

Can't find the post by the way. Neither through "Search" in the forum or via my saved links to the posts. Seems they have been deleted.

----------------------
NorthFarm
To be absolutely clear: The activation of 6.0 had nothing to do with my 5.5.2.4 problem!
----------------------
Moe
Northfarm, the problem regarding PB reporting Java version 1.6.0_12 instead of the current version you have installed is not caused by a bug. It could be that you have 1.6.0_12 installed on your system therefore PB is picking it up. Please try using a Java removal tool like the one Steeph posted here to remove redundant versions of Java that may be installed on your system.

Thanks,
Moe

NorthFarm
Hi Moe.

The 1.6.0_12 is located IN the C:\Programs (x86)\PersonalBrain\jre\bin folder. How can that not be related to PB? I have other versions of java installed locally in Apache web server and as a part of the Nabto service, but they are also distributed along their installation programs as must the 1.6.0._12 be in the PB 5.5 installation.

----------------------

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software