wordmuse
My hard drive failed, and I had to get it replaced. Fortunately, I have my data backed up. I backed up a brain just before the crash and also uploaded, as well. I'd rather restore the .brz file that spend the time downloading it from the cloud. And when it is restored, I'd like it to upload to the file currently in the cloud.

How do I go about doing this? TheBrian provides a backup utility in the File menu, but no restore utility. I think we covered this once before, but I can't find the previous discussion.

Is there a reason a Restore function can't be added to the File menu?

*Update* - I figured it out. It's a part of the Create Brain... dialogue.  Maybe you could change the wording on the dialogue to be "Import (and Restore)" - just a thought.

~ Bal
Harlan
Hi Bal, to restore from a Brain Archive (.brz) use the first option under File > Import. 
Regards,
-Harlan
wordmuse
Yep - that's what I figured out. I thought I communicated that where I said "Update." Guess I didn't communicate clearly. 

So - thank you. Things are fine now. 😌

~ Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software