a_d
Hi @all,

quite often, I drag and drop a web url from my browser to create a new thought. Upon doing that, TheBrain downloads the website's icon and adds it to the thought. In the second step, I save the website and add the files to the thought, which removes the URL icon and sets the standard "multiple files exist" icon.

In the current 8.0.x version, is there the possibility to somehow retain the URL icon as thought image when files are added?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
a_d
TheBrain 8.0.1.3 Win7 x64 J-1.7.0_45
mikesingleton
Failing that ability, would it work for you to create a child thought 'Files' from the URL thought and put your files there?
mcaton
Great feature request.  I'll mark it down.

As another option, you can add your own custom icon which will not be overwritten when multiple attachments are added.

Thanks,
Matt
a_d
Thanks!

Will try and check what works best for me at the moment. Haven't thought about adding another child thought ... [wink]

TheBrain 8.0.1.3 Win7 x64 J-1.7.0_45
jiffle
This is going to sound rather contrary, and just goes to show how there are as many different desires (if not more) than there are users... I have a collection of thoughts which are 'known problems' with a system i use, some of which are covered by an on-line 'trouble ticket' and some of which aren't. TheBrain is really useful because I can drag the URL of the on-line ticket onto the corresponding thought and thus navigate to it really easily. Because I've been adding icons to lots of my thought types, which really does help me identify thoughts and navigate my brain more easily, I added an icon to my 'known problems' thought type but this now overrides the icon of any attachment making it difficult for me to see 'at a glance' which of those thoughts carry an attachment (a URL link) and which don't. Therefore it would be good if I could set a 'default' icon for a thought type that would be overridden by any attachment icon. Having said that, i realise this could complicate the software (writing it, and using it) when it comes to icon inheritance and also when it comes to manual overriding of a thought's type-based icon by one that's set manually. But, well, I thought i'd at least throw the idea out there to see if anybody else had similar requirements? To show attachment icon (if attachment present) in preference to thought-type icon?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software