RM820119

Question: Is it possible to re-use 'thought types' (vs. 'thoughts') from one brain to another? 

I didn't see anything mentioned in the User Guide.

Thanks

RJ

PB 6.0.x.x - Windows 7
PB 6.0.x.x - Windows XP
zenrain
Yes. If you are using version 6 you can activate them in the plex and either copy them individually or ctrl+click them to select multiple. To activate a type in the plex either use the quick search, or open the thought type window (Options > Thought Type) and click on the types.

If you are using version 5 you have to copy a thought with that specific type and paste it into the other brain. This will carry the type over, and you can then delete the thought.

To copy a thought, right click it and choose Copy Thought, then switch over to the other brain, right-click the plex and choose Paste Thought. Alternately if you select multiple thoughts, right-click the selection window and choose Copy Selected thoughts.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
RM820119
zenrain, works great. thanks

RJ

PB 6.0.x.x - Windows 7
PB 6.0.x.x - Windows XP
Zippo
Hi zenrain,

I copy the thought types to each brain. Is there a way to have central "thought type database" or something like this?

Sometimes you decide to change the look of a type, so don't have to change
it in every single brain.

Best regards

Zippo

zenrain
Ooh, good question. I don't think so, sorry. Unless you create your own central types database... uh, on second thought it would just increase your work, never mind.

So no, but it's a great feature request.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software