Infonaut
Is it possible to re-open a BrainZip 6.0 file in PB 5 or do I have to install PB 6 on all my other computers? 
Need to step back immediatly due to PB 6 crash problems. 

Vista, XP
PB Pro 5
Java 6.21
Moe
Infonaut, If your Brainzip has been created in PB 6.0 it can only be opened in PB 6.0.

Thanks,
Moe

Infonaut
Thanks! Do I have to download the Brainzip file from Webbrain first before installing PB 6 or can I start a sync session immediately after PB6 is installed on a new computer?
Tanks,
Wolfgang
----
Vista, XP
PB Pro 5
Java 6.21
Harlan
You can sync immediately from any computer that has the same brain on it. Normally, downloading the brainzip from WebBrain is a convenient way get a brain onto a computer, but if it's already there, that's fine also.
Regards,
-Harlan
Infonaut
I´ve downloaded the brainzip from WebBrain and opened in PB6. When the file was unzipped and converted, the Brain was empty = blue screen, not thoughts (?). When I checked the file size, the downloaded Brainzip file was only 22MB and not 65MB as when uploaded in the PB5 to PB6 migration??? 
The current Webbrain includes all the thoughts from the PB5 created brain. But when I download the brainzip from Webbrain the thoughts are missing. I´m confused.
Can it be that the brainzip on Webbrain is not identical with current Webbrain? 
Thanks,
Wolfgang

pshanks
FYI, I've also reported that downloading a WebBrain zip file is producing a Brain with zero thoughts here
Infonaut
Pat, thanks. Now I´m less confused, when I can read that the engineers are looking at the problem. During all these years I had never problems with updating of PB and got very surprised of all these problems I had the last 48 hours. 
I´m still concerned to continue migration, before the reported problems are solved. 
I tried another saved PB5 brainzip and to my surprise got it right at the end after two reinstallations of PB6, Java update, system reconfiguring. 

I recommend other users to be very careful with backup of their PB5 brains and to install PB6 into a new folder. Read the instructions carefully and be aware of the consequences to migrate to PB6. 
There are many advantages with the Webbrain-PB6 integration and I hope to get productive very soon. Cloud computing is great, if it works and hell, when it doesn´t. 
Regards, 
Wolfgang from Sweden
Vista 32 SP2

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software