mctrexler
Has anyone come across what you might consider a website sales page for the idea of knowledge management as reflected in TB (since I doubt there's one specifically for a TB application). We're looking at selling topical Brains, but suspect that on the sales page we'll have to cover a number of things in the storyline to familiarize readers with everything from why knowledge management to why TB to why a populated topical Brain.

So I'm curious whether anyone has seen anything like that before in a sales page. 

Thanks,

Mark
Caremetric
Hi Mark,
It would be very interesting to make my brains commercially available. I listened to your webinar presentation recently where you advocated for the use of smaller brains as they were more accessible for the general public that was interested in specific topics. Have you developed some progress on this topic and do you have an example that visualizes some user-friendly features. 
Care-Metric
mctrexler
@Caremetric

Have you looked at our website http://www.yourexternalbrains.com?   There is a lot there, and people are buying our external brains. Happy to discuss.

Something we'd like to do is use this as a platform for selling other Brains as well.  Let us know if we should discuss that. 

Mark (mark@climatographer.com)
Caremetric
Thanks Mark, Realy nice website. People that buy your brains must have a subscription with thebrain.com to benefit from it. I am looking for an option where organisations can embed the (public) link of the brain on their protected internet page without the possibility people can copy the link and use it outside the organisation. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for that option?

Cheers Jan
Care-Metric
mctrexler
Jan, there's not going to be a foolproof way to do that if someone really wants to break privacy.  But clearly any Brain can be embedded as part of an intranet, and therefore in principle only available to people within the organization. Alternatively the Brain could be embedded on a passworded web page.  But either you have to make the Brain public, which puts it at risk of being shared, or you have to limit it to very specific users and their email addresses. My sense is that the number of people willing to go to the effort of undermining security is relatively limited, assuming you don't have commercially valuable information included, and therefore the risk is modest. But not zero.

Mark

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software