michael

so i've just - finally - finished painful layout of anchored version - and now, as i understand it, will lose the whole thing if exit the program - what a waste - was not worth doing / paid the full price / and there are several things that just make whole classes of project types not worth doing in the program / was really hoping that would get somewhere near the value of the luxury pricing / if i'm wrong about inability to save an anchored version, well hallelujah; if not then what a mystery - how could doing a laborious layout be nothing more than an empheral castle made of sand / disgusted

michael
so sad - after reviewing the postings and seeing clearly that there is no hope at all that i was wrong about, 'how could it be possible to have a program like this not have a save function? like a word processor, or any other kind of processor, not have a save function - totally bizarre -and at this price? wow !

ok - so i've now moved through the reactivity - in a not really but sort of 'emotionally intelligent' way - like WTH !!!!?????? -- and am about to close my hours-long Etch-A-Sketch layout - and lose all the hard work i put into it - because i can't leave it there forever, and nope, no one is going to say in a message - 'Hey wait, you're missing it, we do have that functionality' - ok, i''m totally convinced now that i wasn't missing something - and also that, since they've been promising it for more than 12 months, in the face of serious incredulity that it's missing, they are perhaps never going to have it - and are not even promising it now for many months

i've seen this kind of thing before by small companies that turn out to have been in the middle of dealmaking with buyout negotiations and then the buyer just milks the acquired system and never updates it (think many examples of big-catalog companies that acquired a bunch of once-good/promising systems) - so, ok, one thing i've learned is when publisher is quiet, can't count on upgrades

ok - goodbye by beloved anchored layout on which i spent many hours and much frustration and eventual satisfaction - goodbye dear delightful (oh well might as well use that sort of word i would never actually utter) diagrammatically devilish devolutionary design of mine - oh, that i will never again feast my eyes on your lovely lusciously lucid layout - oh the sorrow of parting with you  - leaves me lonely limply lost without you

goodbye sweet Etchy-Sketchy Anchored Expanded Half-Brain - you idiot savant - you take in a lot of information but then don't have a clue as to what to do with it - and treat it as if sand on the shore

bye bye
jroeterd
wow ..... 6 cross-posts ...

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software