dlangendorf
Is this feature still not available on the Mac platform? I move items where I want them on the plex, go to save the view, but my choices are grayed out -- so I assume the functionality still isn't available on the Mac product? Are there plans to add this feature? It sure would be helpful.
Moe
dlangendorf, Thanks for posting. If you are using PB Free edition then this functionality will not be available. To check your version go to PersonalBrain > About PersonalBrain.

Best regards,
Moe

zenrain
Just to clarify, it is available in the paid Mac version (I use it all the time).

I believe it's in the Core version, but I may be mistaken so please double check if you are thinking about making the leap.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe
zenrain is correct. The paid Core and Pro version of PB both contain the Save Expanded Views feature.

Best regards,
Moe

dlangendorf
gentlemen, thanks. i am running PB Pro Edition, paid, legit, although I am running the beta (5.5.0.3-b). not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. maybe i was doing something wrong, but every time i tried to save an expanded view i'd get grayed-out menu item. sometimes i could save a view but then could not find the view i saved under Load Expanded View. i just downloaded the latest build, so maybe that will help. i'll repost if problem persists. i don't discount user error. again, thanks.
dlangendorf
this is odd. for an instance i was able to save a view and see it in the menu, especially under Load Expanded View. i switched to another separate Brain, but when I returned the view I had saved was no longer available. in fact, i can save a view but it does not last. it just disappears. i am running the latest build of PB with Snow Leopard. any thoughts? am i missing something here? any insight is greatly appreciated as i really want to use this feature on a consistent basis. thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software