wordmuse
I'd like to create saved reports that are called:
- created today
- created yesterday
- created in the last week
- created over the past month
- created n days ago

Just to nail down the understanding... running the reports would always show me the items I created today, yesterday, last week, and last month - relative to the current date.

Is there a way to do this? If not can it be put on a road map to get 'er done?

- Bal

zenrain

There isn't, but it's a great feature request.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Moe
Bal, That is a great feature request. I suggest posting it on our Uservoice page 

A solution that comes to mind, would be that you can add your Report results to selection (Edit > Add Report Results to Selection). Next, copy the selection (Right click selection then select Copy as Text Outline with Notes) which you can paste into Word then save as (created today, created yesterday etc..). I know this is not a full solution, but Thought you might find it helpful.

Thanks,
Moe
wordmuse
Revisiting this one again... The situation arose where this would have come in handy if I'd had a report saved from about 6 months ago.  Instead I had to reconstruct it again.

I really would love the ability to save a report with a meaningful name - especially a report that builds the results dynamically, as mentioned in the opener.  In today's situation, I would have had the report that included thought type, 2 tags, and a date range (past 2 months).

It wasn't a big deal to recreate it, but each time I do, I have to remember the criteria, set them up one by one. Additionally, each time I have to recreate a report, there is a new opportunity for me to make errors.

One alternative would be if I could set up the criteria as a boolean text string. Then I could save these strings in a thought's note, name them inside the note, and then copy and paste them into a query box, much the way I create boolean searches with Google or Bing.

Thoughts?

- Bal
mcaton
Bal,

Some of these posts are a bit old and were posted before we created the Custom Report feature.

You can now go into your Reports tab and click on All > Custom > Custom Report.  Set up the Report criteria and save it with a specific name to easily run that exact same report again in the future!

Thanks,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies
wordmuse
Very cool - thanks for updating me on this... One question and a further suggestion:

Question: I don't see a way to say "the last 2 weeks" or "yesterday."  I see a way to specify a specific date range, but if I want a report of the most recent period of time relative to right now, is there a way to do that? And to include it in the saved report?

Comment: It would be helpful if I could also specify negative filters, e.g., everything except for "Tag1 AND Type B."  True and nested boolean searches are what I'm looking to be able to do, which means operators like NOT, NEAR, etc.

I'm very happy, though, to have the custom named searches.  Very much appreciated.

Regards,
- Bal

P.S. - Just tried it, and it's slick, but the custom reports don't capture the date range that I specify.  I still have to set the dates manually.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software