brainiac
I hope this is just something I'm missing, but if I drag around items on my map so that everything is in a good visible order for me, then quit and restart, it doesn't seem to save the layout I made.

Please let me know that this is possible, otherwise the whole visualisation thing seems a complete of a waste of time... and is the main reason I'm trialling it.

One of the big limitations of FreeMind and all the others I've looked at is you can't put a thought exactly where you want it to be and keep it there. I'd have thought it was the first thing they'd try and solve... there's nothing worse than your thoughts wandering off of their own accord!

many thanks in advance.
Spacenexus
Don't worry, it'll be there shortly:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2109470

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

I almost always work in expanded view.
I almost never glue a thought.
My link/thought ratio is 2.24.

Still i have a well ordered plex!

There are situations that fixed thoughts are good, for example in schemes, diagramming etc. for example a workflow,

The example:
The thought is horses (my hobby), First level, One click on a pin.
Depending on the active thought and then clicking on the thought horses the thought may be orderd in an other way (for example stallions on the left side)

Regards,

Frans
Click image for larger version - Name: horses_2.jpg, Views: 246, Size: 34.60 KB
zenrain
Very interesting. My PB use doesn't typically involve the expanded view, I find when there are multiple links for thoughts, it displaces some thoughts and makes it hard to group items (I think jumps are the most responsible).
Looking at your expanded layout, I'm shocked that the cohesion, I'll have to start looking at my structure a little more.

Thanks for the screenshot!

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
michael

yes - big waste  - like a plaything, a toy, like houses of cards or tinkertoys, rather than the serious tool needed (especially for the luxury price) - i just assumed it was solved / how could it not be ?  can't save hours of work ???? wow !!

brainiac wrote:
<...>  the whole visualisation thing seems a complete of a waste of time... and is the main reason I'm trialling it. 

<...>  is you can't put a thought exactly where you want it to be and keep it there. I'd have thought it was the first thing they'd try and solve... there's nothing worse than your thoughts wandering off of their own accord!

michael

uh - it's now 7+ months later

Spacenexus wrote:
Don't worry, it'll be there shortly:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2109470

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software