GerSch
The longer I´m work with V9 the more makes me crazy that I have quite often to change the width of the notes window. Because I have nearly all in the cloud I have to open the intern browser very often, with a double-click no problem.

Sometimes there is my task app, I need only 1/4 of the window, like I see on my smartphone. Sometimes I use the notes section, there 1/2 of the place makes mostly sense and sometimes I want to have a look on a website which is not responsive, so I must open the intern browser window complete and so on... Will say it depends different kind of information need different width of the windows. So it would be really great if TB could save the width automatically for every thought. Now it is a lot of clicks every day... :-(
mcaton

GerSch,

Thanks for posting.  I understand the request, however I envision this as potentially a bit jarring to have the plex window change sizes automatically when navigating though TheBrain. If you are just clicking past a thought that has the notes window set to 60% - while others are at 30% - The plex would suddenly shift to the left. I'll document your feature request and we'll discuss if it is possible to make this work and look fluid.

Thanks,
Matt

zenrain
Quote:
I understand the request, however I envision this as potentially a bit jarring to have the plex window change sizes automatically when navigating though TheBrain. If you are just clicking past a thought that has the notes window set to 60% - while others are at 30% - The plex would suddenly shift to the left.

Agreed, I understand the thought behind it and at first this seemed like a good idea, but I realized that the notes/attachments window constantly resizing would make browsing the plex extremely difficult.

I've assigned keyboard shortcut ⌘+⇧+< and ⌘+⇧+> to the Splitter Left or Up and Splitter Right or Down respectively and find it helps when I need to maximize the notes/attachment window or plex respectively.
It seems to help.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
GerSch
mcaton wrote:

GerSch,

Thanks for posting.  I understand the request, however I envision this as potentially a bit jarring to have the plex window change sizes automatically when navigating though TheBrain. If you are just clicking past a thought that has the notes window set to 60% - while others are at 30% - The plex would suddenly shift to the left. I'll document your feature request and we'll discuss if it is possible to make this work and look fluid.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt, normally my notes window is not open. When I need it I make a double-click on the plex and the notes window opens, in my case on the left side. Now I must change the width every time by hand and I see in my daily life that is no fun... ;-)
mcaton
GerSch,

Thanks.  I've documented the request.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software