tonja
Hello,

I selected all Thoughts which begin with the word1:

in the selection box
word1 bla
word1 blabla
word1 blablabla
word1 blablablabla

How I can search for word1 in this selection area and replace it e.g. for nothing.

The result woud be changed thoughts:
bla
blabla
blablabla
blablablabla

Greetings,
[comp]

P.S. Or would it possible to define a thought in free-mind T1 + Type word1 and after the free-mind import into PB the thought T1 as the type word1? 

jostber
I think this is a much wanted feature request from some time back that has not been implemented yet.
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
wordmuse
+1 on this to renew the request. I could so use such a utility today. I'm left with either a legacy name for 45 thoughts or I have to go through 45 thoughts individually and change the names. Are we the only three users who want this?  I suspect not... [smile]

- Bal
pthompson
Bal,

Thanks for your feedback. I will see if this can be renewed as a feature request for the next version of TheBrain.
CaptainJustice
+1
If the brain is to be useful as a file system replacement, or supplement, this is essential. Just for basic thought management and "gardening" it's needed.
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 6, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Homemade desktop for Ham Shack, Windows 10
SamsungS10+
Working (still) at https://judgegiljones.com and
Playing at https://captainjustice.net
pthompson
Thanks for the feedback.
Underdog
Gotta remind you folks about this one!

A department in the company I work for just changed its identifier from CSG to CXG and there is no way of changing the thought names via Search & Replace (or even using a suggested ASCII workaround, since many of the thoughts have different parents).

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

danlandrum
How funny. I needed this today, too, and had to copy out a bunch of info and use another piece of software to complete it. Fortunately, it was only a small section. Find and replace would be greatly appreciated.

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
metta
+1 for another desirable feature in V9: search and replace to edit portions of multiple thought names
pthompson
This is definitely something we're looking into. [smile]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software