zenrain
Just opening a dialog here.

I think earlier versions of TheBrain did this, and then we lost this functionality when we gained the ability to create thoughts from the search dialog.

If this is the case, I would prefer this functionality to stay as I search for thoughts more often then I create them, and auto selecting the first thought saves me a bit o' time (once I got used to it again).

However.

I also really miss the ability to create stand-alone thoughts as I think of them. So... Is there a way we can have our cake and eat it too?

Perhaps a "Create Thought" in addition to "Create Child, Parent, Jump" with a key binding? This way we could just hit a key combination or the menu option and it would create a new orphan thought (or if we select an existing one from the create thought dialog, just activate it).

I'm thinking out loud here, love to hear others opinions or ideas also... [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Thanks Alex,

I like the current ability to hit Enter and automatically navigate to the first search result. I find myself using this feature quite often. 

We've written up the request to bring back the CREATE button in the Brain search.  I'm interesting in hearing other's thoughts on this topic as well.

Thanks,
Matt
SimpleThinker
I think the ability to quickly create a standalone (orphan) thought is a good feature, as long as there is an easy quick way to "show me all orphan thoughts" or equivalent. If this already exists, I apologize; I'm still learning TheBrain.

Not just orphan thoughts, but could you then ask "How many clusters are there" - a cluster being a set of connected thoughts that don't connect to another cluster?
pthompson
SimpleThinker wrote:
I think the ability to quickly create a standalone (orphan) thought is a good feature, as long as there is an easy quick way to "show me all orphan thoughts" or equivalent. If this already exists, I apologize; I'm still learning TheBrain.

Not just orphan thoughts, but could you then ask "How many clusters are there" - a cluster being a set of connected thoughts that don't connect to another cluster?

You can easily view all Orphan Thoughts using a Report: View > Report.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software