scott
I almost get zero search results after the most recent update. Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug or how it's going to be from now on?  I need to be able to pick up every search results, and I am being severely hit by this.  Please guide/help.
Harlan
Hi Scott,

There haven't been any changes to how search works for quite a long time so I can't speak to what might be happening for you without more information.

Note that search only results results contained in the current brain... Perhaps you opened a different brain than your normal brain?

If that is not the case, then more detailed troubleshooting will be required... Please be specific as to what search is and is not returning for you and illustrate with screenshots if possible. Details that might be relevant include:
  • What OS you are using
  • What you are trying to find (thought name, label, attachment, other)
  • If an attachment:
    • What specific file type you are trying to find results fo
    • Where that file is stored
  • What term are you using to query
  • What term are you targeting (how does it appear in the item you are expecting to find)
Regards,
-Harlan
scott
Hi Harlan, thank you for the support.  I have no idea what happened but somehow the full search came back. It seems that previously the search didn't show any results for the notes and attachments of the file.  Was there an option to toggle notes and attachments search?  If so, I certainly did not (at least not intentionally) disabled it.  Again, thanks for the support.
Harlan
Likely a problem with the underlying OS search that resolved itself. Glad to hear it's working again for you.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software