ChrisCase
It's great that there is now a Search function for Sitebrains,  but I've found that people don't necessarily recognise the search box as such,  just as they mostly don't see the arrow for hiding the plex.  I can correct the latter issue by replacing the arrow images with larger ones,  but the Search box is a different matter.

I find that in the settings.js file there is a line

var showSearchButton = false;

if one changes false to true,  a Search button shows up next to the box,  which is great, provided nobody actually clicks it.  If I enter, for example "Topics" into the search box, all the thoughts beginning with Topics do appear,  but if I click on  the Search button, the window below displays :

Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Documents and Settings/Chris/Desktop/TEMP/plex/nulltopics.

So what is that button actually doing? Is there a way or eventual intention of making it actually useful?

ChrisCase
I wonder -- does anyone on the support staff read all the messages as a matter of course, or is it just a matter of luck if ones questions get seen by someone who can answer them?
Harlan
Manual changes to the settings.js file are not supported. This file is used to configure the Ajax interface. If you would like a "Search" label in front of the textbox, you could put in a feature request at http://thebrain.uservoice.com.
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
I notice that some  makers of Sitebrains have changed the line in settings.js

var showSearchButton = false;

to "true",  and the SEARCH button appears.

Couldn't you just explain what it is supposed to do?  i find it deactivates the search,  which is worse than doing nothing.  Why have it if it is counterproductive?
I don't see how you can both be saying that changes to settings.js are not supported, while elsewhere telling people to enter "PB" there to make  the logo disappear.  Obviously the CSS files are not proprietary, so why be coy about their usage?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software