Ervinn
I am using PB 5.5.0.8 beta, and Vista.

When I set the 'Tags' window auto-hide and select a tag, after that, the search field on the left becomes invisible. It is there, but it has the same blue color as the Plex background and what I type can not be seen.
I have to exit PB and start again to make it visible again.

---

Also I noticed that in the Report window in the hide mode the buttons not always work. Again this is related to auto-hide mode.

dyslucksia
I also use 5.5.0.8 beta but on XP, and this problem doesn't occur. My background is black, and when I select a tag after autohiding its pane, the Instant Search edit box remains white, so this may be a Vista-related problem.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Ervinn

Yes, it works in XP, just tested.  So this is a Vista issue or only my "brain" problem.

Steeph
Ervinn wrote:
When I set the 'Tags' window auto-hide and select a tag, after that, the search field on the left becomes invisible. It is there, but it has the same blue color as the Plex background and what I type can not be seen.
I have to exit PB and start again to make it visible again.

Is it the same as the 1st problem I reported in this thread?
Strange that it surfaced again, as it disappeared on my XP machine with the .0.7 beta.

If it has moved on to Vista I guess it will move to Win7 on the next beta
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Moe
Ervinn, Thanks for the post. I was not able to replicate this issue.

Quote:

Posted By: Ervinn
When I set the 'Tags' window auto-hide and select a tag, after that, the search field on the left becomes invisible.

Do you have the "Tags" Tab set to Auto-hide Bottom, Right etc..? Also, is the problem you are experiencing the same as the issue "Steeph" reported?

If you have the tags tab set to Auto-Hide Bottom, is the Notes Tab Pinned or Auto-Hidden as well when this happens?

Thanks,
Moe

HanBav
"the search field on the left becomes invisible. It is there, but it has the same (blue) (white in my case) color as the Plex background and what I type can not be seen.
I have to exit PB and start again to make it visible again."
the same is true for me since several versions of the beta 5.
I think I had reported it, but can't find it right now.
I think it's the same than Steeph reported.
I use advanced layout, have tags auto hidden and notes always visible.

... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
Moe
HanBav, Thanks for the post and additional info on your settings. I was still not able to replicate this issue. What version of PB are you using? If you are not using the latest Beta I recommend upgrading to see if you can still replicate the issue. If it still happens, perhaps you can upload a video to Jing then post a link to the video here so that we can see this issue in action.

Best regards,
Moe

HanBav
5.5.1.2: I am always hunting for the best version
Sorry, don't have a tool for making a video - any recommendation?
But I enclosed a capture of my brain-screen
One way to get the problem is: Calling search with a push on the button "search" right of the entry-field. Exactly when the search window is opening, the entry field for instant search is invisible.
Click image for larger version - Name: Brain01_-_PersonalBrain_5.5_Beta-000007.png, Views: 49, Size: 112.58 KB
HanBav
Just updated to 5.5.1.3:
Now the click on search button did not work
so I hoped you had cured the issue.
But:
clicking on reports, so that the reports window shows up reproduced the problem.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software