HanBav
I'm still suffering but found an important condition to reproduce this error.
I only know two threads about this in beta that are closed now because beta is closed:
PersonalBrain 5.5 Beta > Search entry field become invisible = http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3682741
PersonalBrain 5.5 Beta > Search Box not visible = http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3645915

So MOE, are you listening?
The error depends on auto hide of the search results window or not:
When I start brain and have no auto hide of (search window) then the search entry field does not disappear.
As soon as I toggle the search window to auto hide and I enter a search (with ENTER or click on SEARCH button, the entry field disappears.
Toggling other windows for auto hide (like Eigenschaften & Anlagen) has no influence.
So it looks like toggling exactly the search results window to auto hide causes the search entry field to vanish.  

I'm using 5.5.2.0
I hope I did not create a duplicate entry but could not find one.

Hope you can reproduce it now - it is very annoying!

... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
HanBav
just found an update:
maybe it is connected to any tools window *on the right side* that is auto hiding. Just found this happening by calendar in auto hide mode.

I checked it before with auto hiding at the bottom (in original location?). There was no influence of Eigenschaften & Anlagen to the error.
Strange, but I hope it helps.

By the way you would be welcome to reproduce it on my machine by vnc.

Moe
Hanbav, Thanks for the additional information. We will run some further test to try and replicate this problem. Thanks for offering a vnc session. If we need additional information to reproduce the problem we will certainly take you up on the offer. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Moe

Moe
The invisible search box issue occurs, when using PB tools in Auto-Hide mode with "Use Tablet-compatible edit boxes" enabled in Options > Preferences > General (tab). We are looking into why this happens. If you experience this problem, please disable "Use Tablet-compatible edit boxes".

Thanks,
Moe

HanBav
Moe,
there was a reason to switch this option to avoid another problem. This was reported here in the forum I think. I don't remember it - do you?
Thanks, Hannes

Moe
Hi Hans,

There was a problem previously with the use of F2 to rename Thoughts (see here). If you are referring to this problem, this was fixed in 5.5.0.7.

Added:
There was also another problem reported regarding the linking of existing Thoughts not working (see here). This was fixed in 5.5.0.3.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software