wordmuse
The search/create field is conveniently located in the middle-lower left of the interface in TB8.

In TB9, not only has the functionality been greatly reduced (you can't create thoughts using that field anymore), but you moved it to the upper right. I guess I'll get used to it, but it seems to require a lot more "walking the mouse." 

I'd like you guys to consider moving it back to where it was, or even making it float on the plex and let me move it wherever I want.

Cheers.
- Bal
zenrain
wordmuse wrote:

In TB9, not only has the functionality been greatly reduced (you can't create thoughts using that field anymore), but you moved it to the upper right. I guess I'll get used to it, but it seems to require a lot more "walking the mouse." 

You shouldn't have to walk the mouse to the instant search field. Any time the plex is active, the search field is active, so all you have to do is start typing your search terms. If the plex isn't active, you just have to click anywhere on the plex to activate it. This behavior (the field being active, not the loss of being able to create thoughts which I feel as well) should be the same as TB 8, so if you are using the mouse to click the field you don't have to go through all that effort in either version. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
wordmuse
You know - I used to know that. [smile]

Still - I've become accustomed to the old position. So while not nearly as important as originally stated, I still prefer the old. But that's just me being a calcified curmudgeon.

Thanks for reminding me!

- Bal
wordmuse
Just thought I'd put this into the mix.

As I test TB9 and still use TB8, I find that I really do have a strong preference for the search (hopefully - soon - omni) box in the TB8 position.

My vision is already set to the middle of the screen. My eyes like going along the horizontal. I don't find going to the upper right nearly as smooth.

My reaction is similar to my reaction when I use Google's default search. There is the field, nice as you please, right in the middle of the screen. I enter a single letter and BAM! It jumps to the upper left.  I don't get it. 

Sidenote: I think my preference must be the odd man out.  After all, Google can afford to put millions of dollars into testing that behavior and must have found most people like it. Maybe you folks at TheBrain have found something similar. In which case, I'm probably not your target demographic.

- Bal
mcaton
Bal,

I appreciate the feedback and I agree with your thoughts on Google Search.  Why do they move my cursor???

To share a bit of the thought process with you, the search box was moved to an area of unused real estate.  Search results are certainly more condensed.  The Past Thought List has a bit more room and the Thoughts and content window are a bit more unified now.  

Again, I appreciate the feedback though and I'll share with the team.

Thank you,
Matt

perry
mcaton wrote:
the search box was moved to an area of unused real estate.

I appreciate that, at least [smile] I'm still getting used to looking up rather than down (specially using both versions...

pthompson
Thank you for your additional feedback. Although there will likely be no change before final release, this is something we will keep in our suggestions.

To counteract your point, as a user of TheBrain, if the Search field was moved to the left of the Thought History as it is in TheBrain 8, the search field would be in the bottom left of my screen when using a side-by-side layout of the plex and notes, which I prefer in TheBrain 9. Where it is now is at least more recognizable. Windows and Mac both put a Search bar in the top right in Windows Explorer and Finder and most other apps do the same so it is a pretty standard location that I am used to at this point.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software