igoldsmid1 Show full post »
Harlan
We have completely changed the way we interface with search on macOS for in the next release. I believe this will fix this issue.
Regards,
-Harlan
igoldsmid1
Thanks, Harlan. Will this include making search more useful for large brain with the addition of boolean like combinations? And indexing attached web pages like in previous versions?
Ian Goldsmid
danlandrum
Great news, Harlan. Looking forward to it. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Harlan

9.0.157 is up on the alpha channel now.

Search of attached web pages will be added at the same time as the feature to download a local copy of the web page is added (Yes, we are planning to do this. Please don't ask for a date. [wink]).

Search already does boolean operations. Each search term you enter is treated as an "AND" operation. Anything you enter preceded by - is a NOT operation. For example, the query "caterpillar usa -insect -butterfly" is handled as "caterpillar AND usa AND NOT(insert OR butterfly)". This will find documents that have both words caterpillar and usa without either word insect or butterfly.

In .157, the performance of boolean operations on macOS is improved.

Regards,
-Harlan
igoldsmid1
Thanks, Harlan - most encouraging! and appreciate you taking the time to update on this.
Ian Goldsmid
igoldsmid1
Wow, first thing I've noticed is now I get instant results for Notes and Attachments!! 
Ian Goldsmid
mcaton
That's great to hear!  Thanks for the update Ian.

Matt
Xavier
Nice upgrade for search and very useful !
Thanks,
Xavier

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software