Vadych
Search does not work on the content label, the name of the attachment.
At the same time search in Windows finds everything perfectly.
TB 10.0.51
Win10
Brigitte
In TheBrain10, search indexing is handled through your operating system's desktop search software. For Window's, it's called WDS (Windows Desktop Search). For Mac, it's called Spotlight.

To check if WDS (Windows Desktop Search) is indexing your drives, click the Windows button and type Indexing, open Indexing Options and click Modify, check the drives you want WDS to search, OK > Advanced > Rebuild

You will need to add the root of the HDD to the list for WDS to index the drive, but you can exclude specific folders after that if you wish.

Let us know if search is working for you now. 

Best regards,
Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Vadych
WDS service is working properly. I checked, everything is indexed. The contents of the notes via Explorer, everything is fine is.
Using the TB search is not working
mdlynam
It's just a WAG, but if you're running Office 365, I've noticed that when the last one or two updates to O365 have been applied, my system's index service spikes in disk usage and CPU (according to Task Manager).  When I select Indexing Options, there's no activity, but a peak in Task Manager shows otherwise.  Just a thought.
mcaton
Vadych,

We have seen a few instances where results are not returned due to the way Windows translates the actual attachment and/or thought note path in non-English versions of Windows. If this is possible in your case, please try creating an empty folder on your C drive called "Brains" (without the quotes.) Click on Options > Preferences > System to change the Storage location (click on Select Folder) to the new directory that you just created at C:\Brains. Next, be sure to add that location to Windows search (click Windows button, then type "Indexing" to open Indexing Options, click "Modify", and then navigate to C:\Brains and check the box next to it).

An example of this scenario: the C:\users\%USERNAME%... path in German is sometimes visualized as C:\Benutzer\%USERNAME%... I have also seen/confirmed this happening on a Spanish based system of Windows.

Restart TheBrain and test your search again. Please keep us posted with the results.

Matt
Vadych
Yes, it helped.
I hope that this error will be corrected, because storage of the brain is fundamentally contrary to my archiving settings

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software