NickMilner
Hello again,

Right now, if you hover the mouse over a search result, a tooltip pops up showing you the same information you're hovering the mouse over. I.e. the thought name. This is a bit redundant. 😉

Would it be possible for the Tooltip to display the thought label instead?

This is especially useful for thought names that aren't entirely obvious. For example, I have hub thoughts representing projects, using the naming convention: "<Customer>, <Project Code>" This helps reduce the length of related thoughts where context-sensitive naming is used - it's very easy when using context-sensitive naming to have extremely long thought names that are difficult to work with.

As a convention, I also specify the label as "!<Customer>,<Project Description>" This allows me to hone in on a project for customer XYZ extremely quickly by typing "!XYZ" - the customer name itself will be used in many places so putting the "!" at the beginning tells search I'm specifically looking for for a project. I could type "$XYZ" to find sales opportunities, "@XYZ" to find customer contacts, "=XYZ" to go straight to the customer's hub thought etc.

So the problem is when I have many projects (or sales opportunities or whatever) for customer XYZ I get a list of project codes and I don't necessarily know which one is the project I want. It would be fantastic if I could hover over the search results and see the label because then I would know immediately. Right now I have to select them in turn until I find the one I want.

Even if the above use case is purely my own one-off, it would still be an improvement to repurpose the Tooltip to show useful information rather than repeating what you can already see imo. 😉

Thanks!
mcaton
Great suggestion.  Thanks for posting and I'll document the request.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software