Kriggel23
I've noticed, that the search criteria "18111" lists - among others - a thought where the notes contain "geboren 1811-11-08 in". I changed this part to "geboren 1812-12-08 in", and there was not hit again, so I'm pretty sure, that my "geboren 1811-11-08 in" was the search hit. That's ok, I can live with this.

My search criteria "18111" did, on the other side, NOT discover the thought "00018111.pdf", because of the leading zeroes. My current workaround is, to add the thought name without leading zeroes and without extension as label to the single thought. That's ok, and I can live with this either.

But, to be honest, I do not want to edit several ten-thousends of thought, especially when I have to edit each single one by hand. (Paste outline creates new thoughts, instead of changing existing ones; no API for TB9 so far)

Now, my question: is it possible / maybe intended to implement the search option to ignore leading zeroes?

Kriggel23

mcaton
Christian,

Thanks for posting.  Is it possible that you tested on a Windows machine?  Searching for file names is not currently working in the Windows build.  This has been documented.  It should however, be working fine on macOS for internal attachments - which brings me to my next question: Is your 00018111.pdf file internally attached in your Brain, or just a shortcut?  Only the internal attachments will be indexed.

Thanks,
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

I'm using macOS, internal attachments, and searching for file names is ok, attachments are found.

Currently, search criteria "18111" finds "1811-11-08" (in notes), but NOT "00018111.pdf", because of the leading zeroes. I know this, so, if I want to find the attachment/thought, I have to use "00018111" as search criteria. That's ok, and I can live with this - BUT: being a little bit lazy, I would like TB9 to ignore the leading zeroes.

Christian
mcaton
Ah!  Now I get it.  Yes, it's basically seeing this as a misspelled word.  Like typing tionary and hoping to find dictionary.  But I understand your case for ignoring leading zeros and will document this request.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software