Henning
It would be nice to have AND and OR available in searches. It seems as all searches are done by "OR" now, which can generate a lot of "false" hits.
Cerebrum
Searches by Type are "OR" because a thought can't have more than one Type: Type1 AND Type2 would always lead to no results.

Searches by Tag are "AND" because a thought can have more than one Tag. Actually, it would be nice to have "OR" as an option. (I thought this was available but I can't find it. I must be thinking about some other software.)

Searches are "AND" when you're using combinations of the various types of search criteria, e.g. Types, Tags, Time, etc.

I think that the Search/Reports area should be expanded to offer more choices and an easier way of creating complex filters/queries.
Henning
Sorry, my fault... I was not referring to the type of the thought. If I search for two words in the attached files, then I would like to be able to narrow the search by AND instead of getting a lot of irrelevant hits because the search is done with OR.
zenrain
Use + and -

For example Test +search both being required, or Test -search to remove all results for test which have search in them.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Henning
Fantastic - thank you!
Cerebrum
Henning wrote:
Sorry, my fault... I was not referring to the type of the thought.
Actually, my fault. There was nothing in your original inquiry that mentioned the Report area.
Anyway, glad that zenrain came to the rescue. As usual. ðŸ˜‰
dlorde
zenrain wrote:
Use + and -

For example Test +search both being required, or Test -search to remove all results for test which have search in them.
Wow - thanks, I didn't know that facility existed! 

Very useful - yet another item to add to the TB9 Documentation...
metta
@dlorde ~

Just now added this to the growing collection of documentation tips I've been gathering here in the forum.

Please feel free to add any other good items you find. ðŸ˜‰

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software