ChrisCase
I notice that in the settings.js file there is the code:

// instant search
var showSearch = false;
var showSearchButton = false;
var leftAlignInstantSearch = true;
var instantSearchWidthMultiplier = 2.0;
var dynamicInstantSearch = false;

I infer that this code is not actually doing anything, but does it imply that there is a plan to include some kind of search capability in the sitebrain? Dare I ask?: How Soon?

This seems to me a very important feature.  My sitebrain has been online long enough for me to have heard from quite a few people that it is hard to use, since they can't find things.  In the Age of Google, people are no longer willing or able to search by selecting one of the pins and moving down logically through its children.  In any case, this is no different from searching a category tree,  negating thereby the very essence of PB.  For the time being, I am telling people that the site is not for searching, but for exploring by freely associative wandering,  but that sounds like a rationalisation even to me..

The new feature of displaying past thoughts is certainly a step in the ideal direction, of course...

Harlan
That's very observant of you Chris.

Yes, we do have a plan for instant search inside of SiteBrains. As explained previously, full search cannot be done through a Web deployment without a server side search, however instant search functionality is in the works. As usual, we can't comment on the timeline until it the feature is ready to deliver.

Regards,
-Harlan
FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

Just a thing i thought about.

While creating a sitebrain one step could be generating a xml-file that contains an thought-index that could be used for limited searching in the  sitebrain on internet.
The file (but in xml) could be something like

Word                      

Internal Id.     

PersonalBrain

Persons

With a javascript or a small java-engine it could be implemented.

Regards,

Frans
Happerley
Harlan wrote:
That's very observant of you Chris.

Yes, we do have a plan for instant search inside of SiteBrains. As explained previously, full search cannot be done through a Web deployment without a server side search, however instant search functionality is in the works. As usual, we can't comment on the timeline until it the feature is ready to deliver.

Has this changed I am getting no further with 5.5 ... 3 years on

Cheers Rev
Regards Peter H.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software