rengel
Peculiar behavior of the search function. In the Search Box everything is displayed:

SearchWorks.jpg

But if try a similiar search for the same thought ("Bez, Ehe"), the thought will not been found:

SearchDoesNotWork.jpg Normally, a list with similar entries is shown (as in the first picture). This error doesn't always happen, but only with some entries. I couldn't figure out a pattern.
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
mctrexler
Reinhard, I've had similarly odd search things happen to me in TB8.  Your case does seem strange, since it's the same search index being relied upon in both cases (at least that's my understanding). Intermittent problems like this do drive you crazy.  Although in these cases I've concluded it's usually not a random intermittent problem, it's an algorithm problem. But we don't understand the algorithms well enough to figure it out. 

Mark
mcaton
Reinhard,

This is very peculiar. Can you replicate the process (first a search, then trying to link to an existing Thought with no results) and send a copy of your output.log file into support@thebrain.com?  Also, can you replicate the same process in a small, test Brain that you would be willing to share?  

Thank you,
Matt
rengel
mcaton wrote:
Reinhard,

This is very peculiar. Can you replicate the process (first a search, then trying to link to an existing Thought with no results) and send a copy of your output.log file into support@thebrain.com?  Also, can you replicate the same process in a small, test Brain that you would be willing to share?  

Thank you,
Matt

Sorry, Matt, there is no discernible pattern of the thoughts that produce this error and other thoughts that don't. There are some thoughts (like the one shown in the picture) with which this error is reproduceable in one brain, but not in another.

I'll keep an eye on that problem...
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software