mbaas Show full post »
ratthing
OK, so it turns out that in my relatively small brain of 813 thoughts, 257 notes, 526 internal files, and 199 web links, it takes Spotlight anywhere from 25 to 45 seconds to render the "Notes and Attachments" results for any given search.  The same search run in Finder/Spotlight is almost instantaneous, and returns the correct results.
Harlan
If Spotlight returns results quickly, TB9 should also return those results quickly. Notes and attachments searches should display within a second or two of the Thoughts and Links. We will add some additional logging into the next release so we can see what is going wrong. Thanks for your help!
Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
In my case, these words were only used in content, so there was no initial search which might have been added to. And I waited minutes...
Looking forward to see next release's logs! :-)
ratthing
Harlan wrote:
If Spotlight returns results quickly, TB9 should also return those results quickly. Notes and attachments searches should display within a second or two of the Thoughts and Links. We will add some additional logging into the next release so we can see what is going wrong. Thanks for your help!

Looks like it is working now with TB9.132!
Harlan
Interesting. Nothing was changed that was specific to search. Other optimizations must have done the trick. The additional logging is ther in case the problem persists for anyone else.
Regards,
-Harlan
ratthing
Harlan wrote:
Interesting. Nothing was changed that was specific to search. Other optimizations must have done the trick. The additional logging is ther in case the problem persists for anyone else.

my-code-doesnt-work-i-have-no-idea-why-my-code-works.jpg 
Harlan
Hahaha. [smile]
Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
It's still not working here. I'll send the output.log to support.
Harlan
Michael,

Haven't seen your log file yet, but are you sure the location of your brain folder is being indexed by the OS? Please test a search from Finder/Explorer and see if you can find content that is inside one of the notes in your brain. If you can't then that means you have either disabled search for that location or perhaps even turned off indexing in your OS.

Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
Explorer is finding it.
zenrain
This might be the same thing I'm experiencing in my post here
@mbaas, if you are still having this issue you might want to try having your output.log file open at the same time as you do the search. In my case on macOS it starts the search 6 seconds after the thought results were returned for some reason.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mbaas
@zenrain: even waiting for minutes does not display any results [bawl]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software