glientsc
I am (once again) frustrated with sitebrains not working. At least they open in Internet Explorer; in Firefox and Chrome they do not. But the search does not work in Internet Explorer either.

It could be a relatively simple task to program the non-functioning instant search oneself:

In the exported sitebrain there is a folder "Drive:\pathtobrain\brainname\instantSearch" with .xml files in it (_.xml, 0.xml, 1.xml,... z.xml).
One would have to concatenate these files yielding a  big .xml file with all the names of all the thoughts together with their id#.
One could easily search this file for a particular name, and then all one has to do is to open (in Internet Explorer) the page "file:///Drive:/pathtobrain/brainname/index.html#-xxxx" where xxxx is the id# of the thought, and voila, the plex opens with the searched-for thought in the center.

It is easy to do this by hand: Prepare this .xml file once and for all, have it open in one tab, and have the sitebrain open in the other tab. One can search the xml with standard internet-explorer ctrl-f, and put the id# into the addressbar of the other tab, and that is it.

It can be made even better: With "search and replace" and a little editing one can quite easily, once and for all, prepare a .html file out of the .xml file that lists alphabetically all the thoughts (in my case over 10.000) and clicking on the thought would bring you directly to the plex.

But maybe somebody has a more elegant idea or an idea to automate this. For example, after exporting the sitebrain, running this program would automatically do the steps for you that I just outlined.

Then you could even take your brain into your pocket and have it with you on your i-phone or android device.

Anybody out there with me on this little project?
glientsc
OK. I did it (with Mathematica). [smile]
[comp] Finally, SiteBrain is now usable for me.
enkidu
good job !

we're gonna see a 8.0.0.8 out soon I guess ;-)

cheers
enkidu

glientsc
I doubt that. TheBrain.com stopped further developing the sitebrain feature a long time ago. They developed webbrain instead.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software