andreastack
Hi,

I'm using my Desktop Search Engine for email, files and have pretty much all my data indexed. In detail I'm currently using Microsoft Search 4 with Windows 7 RTM.

I would like to be able to index my brain information with this (or another) search engine as well.

Does anybody have such a setup working? How did you do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings
Andreas
Dryopithecus
Hi, I think this is not possible yet, but it would be a nice feature request.

You can post this request at this forum and/or uservoice.

zenrain
If you make sure the Windows search functionality (sorry, not using Windows 7, so I'm not sure how you can point it to folders) is able to index subfolders in your _brain\files folder, all the files you attach internally to thoughts will be searchable.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
andreastack
Well, thanks for your ideas - unfortunately they are quite complicated. I wanted to store information not only in files but mostly in the thoughts itself (for convenience). The idea to copy thought name or ID into a document would make the brain unnecessary.

I fear I will not be using thebrain and store my information elsewhere.

Thanks,
Andreas

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software