eeik Show full post »
metta
Thanks for your feedback, @DavidGretzschel, about the floating notes and wide screen options. My priority now is a faster processor and more RAM -- but I will be looking forward to a wide screen after that. Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€°

In the meantime, I'd be curious to know if other users would make use of this floating notes option -- if there might ever be a chance it would be restored....?
DavidGretzschel
Don't know. Probably? Would have to install TB8 this week and see how it used to work.
And to look at the shiny rotating fidget spinner around the active Thought. Definitely want that one.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
Don't know. Probably? Would have to install TB8 this week and see how it used to work.
Let us know if you decide to give it a test run. The command to open the note window is located on the right click context menu for the thought itself.

And to look at the shiny rotating fidget spinner around the active Thought. Definitely want that one.
😂 I liked it, too, especially because when it stops spinning, you know TheBrain is busy. Unfortunately, though, I think the gadget confused a lot of folks -- and I've often wondered if that's why it was sunsetted.
eeik
@metta, the V8 functionality you're showing is exactly what I'm eyeing with the floating canvas elements, except far more 2019 of course ... thanks for sharing, great find 👍

My desire, above and beyond simply the wide-screen two pane view ... would be to tie a full thought view state, say for example, 2 notes areas, 3 web pages views, one PowerPoint preview and an image browser pane, all to be tied to a particular thought activation. When I browse back to "Amtrak" for example, I'd like to see my investigation state as I prepared for my trip through the mountains. This will serve as a working canvas that either a) stays put as you traverse the brain, or b) is re-hydrated as a view state when you return to a particular thought ... or c) some combo of both as noted in my OP here on the widescreen topic. These "view states" are incredibly powerful memory devices since I may be planning a trip at one point, and later thinking about how to integrate the train status API into a project for some reason ... the view state with the relevant child attachment views would be fundamentally different for planning a trip with Amtrak vs. integrating w/ Amtrak's API.

These "view states" could also then become historical snapshots and could be saved / recalled at a later date if the user wanted to preserve and further cultivate a view state for, let's say, a presentation on the topic at some future point. The sky is the limit here ... except, of course, the painful false ceiling limiter of not having an API on the roadmap.

I've compiled a prototype on this topic to show a hypothetical view:
Brain Demo View State, Figma Prototype

... it might not be the most self-explanatory without having some time to talk through it, but I'm sure you'll get the gist. Feel free to explore through it and find all the clickable pixels. 🦓
metta
@eeik ~

Glad if the TB8 examples were relevant.

Also, very much like your idea of saved view states! I've found this extremely useful in other applications, and it would be genius idea in TheBrain!

Your Figma demo is also amazing! Need to take a closer look at it on my desktop, since my old laptop is having RAM issues right now, but this is definitely worth a closer look! Amazing software, amazing demo.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software