jroeterd
hello,

Before I make a request on the uservoice site I would like to ask if the following would be beneficial for others.

I use a lot of levels in my thought creation and I have similar thought names under different thougts which are unique. For example under a customer name I have a thought "Maatwerk" (= dutch for custom work) for the work I have done for that specific customer. So the thought name "Maatwerk" is on different places in my Brain (different customers). When I come to a certain thought below the "Maatwerk" thought I can not see about which customer this is. I have to navigate up in the tree and later down again.

This is no big problem but I would prefer to have not only the parents, childs, cousin and jump thoughts visible but also the grandparents of the parents. I have a 1920*1080 screen resolution so the space is there ...

I do realise that this would only be workable for me because my parent-ratio is rather low. Most thoughts have 4 or less parents. So the maximum parents-grandparents thought to present in the plex is about 16 which I think would be possible and gives a lot more insight in where you are. 

As other might have a lot more parents the ideal situation would be if this behaviour could get activated and deactivated at will.

One might reply that you could use the comma trick to have "Client 1, maatwerk" and "Client 2, maatwerk" thought but I have had some bad experiences with renaming thoughts. 

Mayby a solution could be to have TheBrain automatically rename all other thoughts which use the comma-trick when I rename a thougt but that might be another wish ... :-)

Jeroen
zenrain
View > Expand All (Ctrl+=) will show the grandparents of the active thought (as well as a bunch o' other stuff). You may also try using outline view, as you can hit the + button and expand parents as far as you need. Are you looking for something a bit different?

I agree, the comma trick renaming would be nice.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
jroeterd
Thanks for the tip ... using the brain for years but totally overlooked this functionality. Will add the comma-trick renaming request to uservoice ...

Jeroen

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software