MartinGregory Show full post »
metta

The reason I'd like the link name to be separate from the link label is that I often use special links that do NOT have a visible label.

For example, I may put notes and attachments in a link that are purely for my own use, and there's no reason for the link name/label to be visible to anyone else.

However, if the name and label are NOT separate, and I delete the link label, then there's no link name listed on any of these special links in my report of link types, or in my list of link types:

UnnamedLinkType.png 

In this example, I have only 1 such special (unnamed/unlabeled) link type in my brain, so it is easy to recognize.

However, if I want to create more than one of these special link types (without a visible label), then I'll have multiple unnamed links in my list of link types which immediately becomes problematic when:
> assigning a link type and/or
> running reports on link types

metta
Just curious: will any consideration be given creating link names separately from link labels, in the same way that that thoughts have separate names and labels? (see my request from last year for this feature in the post immediately above)

Having separate link names and link labels would provide a good option for hiding link labels, when needed.
metta
Just wondering if this request to create link names separately from link labels has been documented?

This option would be very helpful, especially in public brains, for the reasons detailed previously in this thread.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of this request.
mcaton
Documented, but not yet implemented.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Many thanks, Matt!

Appreciate your follow-up and confirmation.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software