vikjax
Still getting use to v9 ... in previous versions it was easy enough to see all tags in a brain and the number of thoughts that were tagged with a particular tag - very useful for "inventory".  I cannot seem to find how that would be done with v9 ... is this possible?  Thanks ...
PaulaO
Generate a report. Select "By Types/Tags" then select "tags" which brings up a menu of all your tags. Click one and it lists them.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Spell checkers aren't worth shirt.

Writers and editors have their own demon. Typo is his mane.
vikjax
Thank you and apologize, but I wasn't clear ... what I was wanting to see was the actual number of thoughts that were tagged.  Pre-v9 this was shown in parenthesis next to the tag.  For example, I want to see that I have 1,255 thoughts with tag "Japan", i.e. a quick count.  So is this possible in v9?
zenrain
Not currently possible, besides using the report function and looking at the number at the bottom of the report (it shows the number of thought). Or activating the tag and selecting the thoughts via gate and looking at the number on the selection window. 

I believe there's a request to restore the stand-alone Tag and Type window functionality in the Beta Thread, you may want to add your voice there.
macOS 10.14.5
TheBrain 10.0.51
vikjax
Thank you ... that will get me the information.  Though to go through all tags for a brain it is a long process that before was done in seconds.  As pointed out, the stand-alone tag & type window is what is needed (or something similar).  This was a very important feature for some of my more used/important brains and I will add my two cents to the request ...
PaddyVA
I'm still missing the tag and type windows we used to have in TB8.  Just spent a much of time trying to see if I missed something, hoping maybe that function had been added back, but don't see it.
PaddyVA
metta wrote:
As things developed, sharing and explaining my thought types turned out to be a bit more involved than I had originally imagined -- so I created a mini-brain to share my screenshots and my hints & tips for storing and finding information in your megabrain.

If you have any questions (or if you find any typos) please let me know, and I'll be looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks again for your interest. ÃƒÆ’°Å¸â„¢â€š
Metta

Metta, I just looked at your mini-brain on Thought Types, and thought I'd repost your comment and links from another thread, as it has lots of good ideas there.

I'm thinking about using the super type feature to maybe allow a display of types (or maybe same for tags) on the Plex; less than ideal, compared to the old type and tag windows that could display all the time, and be placed to the side of the Plex for an easy selection.
PaddyVA
I'm wondering ... where is the root of Types and of Tags?  If it could be displayed, then seems could right click on it in the type or tag menu drop-down, and display all the types or tags in a separate window, or in a tab; this would provide the same function as the old type and tag windows.  Searched for such a feature in the new TB 10 manual without finding any such.

Could possibly nest all tags (TB 10 Manual p. 134) under one root nest tag; same for types under one or more super types, except, as I understand it, the sub types inherit the properties of the super type (TB10 Manual p. 126), (but tags don't inherit) which I would not want to lose the individual type properties I've assigned.
metta
@PaddyVA ~

Thank you very much, Paddy, for sharing the link to the mini-demo brain I created to explain how I use thought types and tags in my v8 megabrain. I'm glad if you felt it provided some good ideas. Ã°Å¸â„¢â€š

Also, definitely +1 for being able to display the "root" of our thought types and tags in the plex. It would help immeasurably to be able to display all of the types or tags respectively (each in a full tree) since we do not (yet) have standalone (static) windows for managing types and tags -- which is, by the way, a documented feature request.

(You're right: this "root" display in the plex would by-pass the potential problem that occurs when the properties of a super type are inherited by all its children.)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software