Shiiko
Hi.

Updated from 4.1.3.2 to 4.2.0.8 and upon opening  received an error:

"An error has occurred during conversion.  Some data could not be recreated from the table: AttachmentToEntry.  Please contact support@thebrain.com for help troubleshooting this."

During the conversion process I did notice that it showed 4 errors during conversion. 

At opening the new version I now shows what is shown in the attached image bellow.  The thing is that I  select 'cancel' or close with the X and the 'Select Attachment to Open'  window pops open again.  I cannot close it.    I can select items from the options shown and they will open normally.

I upgraded to the newest version: 4.2.0.9, but still the same thing.

What can I do to solve this problem?   Without a solution I will have to roll back to 4.1 since I don't have access to my information via 4.2.0.9

Click image for larger version - Name: SelectAttachment.jpg, Views: 167, Size: 234.83 KB
Harlan
Hi Shiiko,

Can you please rerun the import from 4.1 and post the output.log file from the conversion? This will allow us to see what went wrong. (To revert your Brain back to 4.1, see http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2535085)

To fix the problem with the attachments window, edit your preferences file (or delete it) to turn off the option to open attachments on activation. The prefs file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\PersonalBrain\TheBrainPreferences.xml

We are looking into why attachments opening by themselves this seems to have started to become a problem recently - I think we may have fixed this already in the upcoming release 4.2.1.0, but I can't be sure since I haven't seen this directly.

Regards,
-Harlan
Shiiko
Hi Harlan,

Installed v.4.2.1.1 (j-1.6.0_02)

Good news is that this version resolved the problem indicated in my initial post.  

The bad news is that upon opening PB I see just the selected thought and not the parent, child or jumps attached to any particular thought...not even in expanded view. In other words, I lost all links.
Single_thought.jpg
This is reminiscent of  this  post : http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2419500

Maybe its a local issue.

During the loading the new version I received the following error message: Conversion_Error.jpg

Here is the output.log
 output.log

Rebuilt the database but it did not help.

What do you think?

Shiiko
Click image for larger version - Name: Single_thought.jpg, Views: 167, Size: 57.30 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Conversion_Error.jpg, Views: 185, Size: 87.82 KB
Harlan
Hi Shiiko,

You can safely ignore the error message during conversion - the 8 corruptions reported were all due to tighter consistency checking in the new database and do not represent a loss of data.

As for the "single thought" problem, I have seen this on occasion but haven't figured out a pattern. For me, restarting PB resolves the issue immediately. This is our top priority bug. Let me know if it keeps happening for you.

Regards,
-Harlan
Shiiko
Thanks Harlan.

The 'single thought' problem seems to only occur with 4.2 since way back at the beginning, and not at all with 4.1 .   In my case, it is constant and will not go away with a restart of PB.   It's a shame because I feel shut out of these new versions that seem to be getting positive reviews. 

Let me know privately if you would like for me to test something on my computer, if you have a lead as to the possible cause of this bug.

Shiiko
4.2.1.2 seems to have solved these two issues that prohibited me from opening v4.2.    Good job and thanks to the developers.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software