Spacenexus
When attempting to manually select an icon from the thought window (using the dropdown at the topleft of the window, attempting to paste a path into the selection window just closes the file browser. This needs to follow normal windows behaviour of opening to the pasted folder (usually a thought folder as it happens).

Thanks

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
pthompson
Jim,

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Are you referring to this drop-down menu:

If so, I haven't been able to recreate any issue that you are describing.
Spacenexus
Thanks Patrick.

If you start from the Thought Window (see image) and then Select Icon File, the Windows OS dialogue that you attached appears. However, Windows OS behaviour usually allows a directory path to be pasted into the 'File Name' selection dialogue. In this case, the dialogue is locked to image file type, so no path can be pasted.

All of my images are within TB (naturally! ) so I would have to manually select the appropriate brain file location, which is really not practical.

The solution is that when the Select Icon File is used, the Windows OS dialogue that is opened is not locked onto image files only but includes the option to paste a directory path.

thanks

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: Icon_File.png, Views: 55, Size: 31.89 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
pthompson
Jim,

I'm not able to reproduce any issue. Pasting a file path works fine for me:

Spacenexus
OK, not working this end. The windows dialogue simply disappears. If it's an anomoly, more like to be with Win7 related rather than TB. I'll check it out on an alternative machine and see if there's a change.

thanks

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software