SamCox
When I create several thoughts with similar names and it occurs to me later that I want to relate them by linking to and existing or new parent, can I quickly select them all? Other than having similar names, the thoughts are unrelated.

PersonalBrain does a great job of finding these thoughts. For example, with these thoughts:
Designed by, Al Gookin
Designed by, Barry Okamoto
Designed By, Dave Siegrist
Designed by, Jeffrey Liang
Designed by, Jim Coffron
Designed by, John Andberg
Designed by, Kendall Kluherz
Designed by, Kris Rexroad
Designed by, Mike Redig
Designed by, Phil King
Designed by, Sanjeev Grover
Designed by, Steve Arakaki
Designed by, Thien Ngo
Designed by, Youhan Younan
I type "designed by" in the search box, and there they are! Now, can I click something to select them all? It would be great to have a little button at the Instant Search Results window to populate the Selection box.

I tried searching for "designed by" which does, in fact, find them but lots of other thoughts as well. Clicking Edit > Add Search Results to Selection adds too many thoughts.

Thanks,
-- Sam

Dryopithecus
I like this. It would also be nice if we could lasso select groups of thoughts in Selection panel, then Edit > Remove other thoughts from Selection.

A workaround:

Options > Advanced Search, choose to search on only thought names, then Edit > Add Search Results to Selection. This is less efficient but it works.

SamCox
Thank you, Dryopithecus. Your work-around does help.
-- Sam
twospoons
Dryopithecus wrote:
Options > Advanced Search, choose to search on only thought names, then Edit > Add Search Results to Selection. This is less efficient but it works.

Thanks for the tip!

dyslucksia wrote:
Ctrl+clicking on any item in the Selection box removes it from there. PB doesn't yet have selection of contiguous Thoughts (blocks). Lassoing them would be nice, but that would require thinking outside the box (ha ha). The other way would be keeping the Shift key depressed while pressing the Up/Down arrows. If you want to keep that selection for use later, create a temporary Tag, then Set Selection Tags to it.

Good idea on creating the temporary tag.
Wes
jostber
Was thinking about how this would be a useful feature, and found this post. Wish this can be implementing soon, so since we have been waiting a bit for 5.1, it might come there?
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software