tfadams
I have seen a couple very old threads that mention this type of functionality or something similar and I was hoping to resurrect the request. I know you can import bookmarks and I know you can Drag n' Drop the URL, but it's time consuming to have to do that - especially if the Thought you want to drop it on isn't active.

What seems to to be needed is an add-on to either Firefox or IE that allows you to get the URL into PB by simply 'right-clicking', rather than having to bookmark it first and then import it or dragging it over.

I would like to be able to set the Home Thought as a default and then have the utility copy the URL to that Thought when I right-click and select  "Send to PersonalBrain". Basically, the same thing you can do in OneNote.

tfadams
Re-reading this, I can tell I'm not being as clear as I could be.

Basically, I would like to right-click on any web page and be able to copy it as a child Thought to my Home Thought (or ideally, you could set the default destination Thought in PB preferences). The same functionality can be achieved now in OneNote using an add-in and it already exists in Evernote. This functionality would make PB a much better Bookmark manager.

revrev
I really hope this type of functionality is in the development pipeline.

The "Send to" functionality could be extended to files as well. My preference would be to nominate a thought in my brain as an inbox thought. When using "Send to" on a url or file, they would be attached to that inbox thought.

Also, PB would not need to be active which would entail a background monitor task having to monitor user requests.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software