pbmember
I sent the Zip file of a brain to myself via email and it said it couldn't find any program to open it. Am I supposed to have PB 'Open' when I double-click the attachment?

I want to add a Theme to that thread of Themes so I'm practicing by sending it to me first to see if it's all okay.

MAC User
jostber
I think you have to open this file from inside PB.
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
pbmember

So does that mean if I attach the brainzip file to my post in the Theme thread, it should show up?

Also, what is an index?
MAC User
zenrain
You shouldn't have to add a whole brain to attach a theme.
Go to the PersonalBrain application and right click. Choose Open package contents. Go to Contents\App\Resources\Themes and your theme files are there.
Also, I would Highly recommend making a backup of any custom themes you have in here.
Unfortunately every time you install a new version you lose any custom themes. This isn't a big deal if you only have one, you just go to Options > Save Theme As again and save your theme. However, if you have multiple it's a real pain.
I've requested that customized files are saved in ~Library\Application Support so it's not overridden each time, but so far this has not been implemented.

Indexes are only for Windows. It goes through the content of all attached files so they are available for searching in PersonalBrain. The Mac version now uses spotlight, so there's no need for any indexes.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
pbmember

I need clarification. When you say "Themes" are you taking about just the picture, or the thoughts on it too?

MAC User
zenrain
As far as I can tell the theme file contains your plex font and thought/link color specifications related to a saved theme, as well as the background picture for that theme.
Theme as in Options > Set Theme, or Options > Save Theme As

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
pbmember
zenrain, what I'm trying to get at is, when you submitted your Theme to the thread, "Which theme are you using", which file did you attach? What was the file extension, etc, because it didn't just show the background, but the thoughts as well? If I make a brainzip of one brain, add some more to the brain, then zip it again, will I see ony only zip file of that particular brain?

MAC User
zenrain
Ah, gotcha.
I used my current theme, navigated to some thought's I don't mind sharing and then took a screenshot. Since you are on a Mac, use ctrl-shift-4 for cross hairs that you can use to take a picture of a specific area on your screen (I love macs), and then upload the .png file it creates to the forum.

Hope this helps.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software