Kriggel23
A sequence of thoughts is pretty easy to implement:
First comes a father than the children.
Example: cook sth. > eat it
A composition is as easy:
A thought is a combination of it's sub-thoughts.
Example: a meal > soup; starter; main dish; salad; dessert
But what if sequence and composition meet in one thought?
A workaround right now seems to me inserting an "intermediate thought", e.g. "thought, consists of". That works but could be made better ...

I would like to use the 3rd dimension - to zoom in and out of thoughts. By this I could easily illustrate the "composition" of thoughts, and, by using the the classic father-children-relations, I could still enter a sequence of thougths. Sequence and composition would clearly be separated from each other.

The practical representation of the 3rd dimension could be a mark attached to a zoomable thought, showing that there's a different layer with some composition information.
When zooming in the zoomable thought would be displayed as father and the "composition thoughts" as children. All other thoughts would not be displayed on this layer. A mark to the father thought shows that at least one other layer is available for this thought.

By using different layers ("aspects", e.g. physical, logical, religious, geographical etc.) one could represent as complex relations as wanted. And one layer could be defined as the standard layer.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Kriggel23

zenrain
Wow, that would be amazing.
It reminds me of some of the Tinderbox functionality (a Mac database program) that also separates data into notes. In the map view you could put notes inside a note at which point the it becomes a container, passing all settings to the sub notes. Zooming into a container will show all sub-notes and their relationships.

Another interesting capability of Tinderbox is it has notes that are called "Agents". These agents are really queries that collect other notes based on a set of conditions.
Food for thought...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software