dhaney
I noticed early this morning (early on the East Coast) that the server was temporarily unavailable; I was asked to log in and an internal server error was returned. Why is the local copy of TB not immediately available in that situation, even though (I assume) it would be available if I were offline? And what local file do I need to open to activate the local copy? (I realize I may be missing the obvious here, but it appears to be a  different structure than TB 8.)
zenrain
Databases are user specific, so if a database was created when you were logged in, it won't appear if you aren't logged in. As soon as you are able to log in again they will appear.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Antonio68
I had the same issue this afternoon (European time). If I understand well, if I create or convert from 8 (my case) a brain while I am logged in, I will not be able to use it off-line?
mcaton
Antonio,

As long as you are logged into TheBrain application, you can still access your local Brains - even if you are not connected to the internet.  You'll notice that Brains have a small icon on their thumbnail of the Brain list.  A computer icon indicating local, radio waves indicate a synced Brain and the cloud icon indicate online only.  If you are logged in, but not online, the Brains with a cloud icon will not be displayed.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
All local and synced brains are available for use even if you have no internet connection. There is an issue presently where it is not possible to login if you cannot connect to the server. If you are not logged in, all brains associated with your account will not be available. Once the issue with logging in while disconnected has been resolved everything should behave as expected.
Regards,
-Harlan
jbaty
So the net effect then is that once the log in issue is resolved, we'll need not be concerned about getting "locked out" of our brains, correct? It happened to me once and it was terrifying! [smile]
Harlan
Yes that is correct. We will be addressing this soon.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software