reder
Setting the link type causes a thought invisible when the active thought is its parent. I am using Mac version 11.0.47.0.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 9.23.22 PM.png  Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 9.23.39 PM.png  Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 9.23.52 PM.png 
DavidGretzschel
Is the second picture, where a a Parent has become invisible? That seems perfectly normal.
In the second picture "Epidemology" is the active Thought. So you only see its Children (it doesn't have any),
its siblings (it has "Pharamacy") and its Parent ("Biology").
Since "Biology" is no longer the active Thought, you would not see "Natural Sciences", anymore.
Since that would be a grandparent of "Epidemology" and thus too far away to be relevant for "Epidemology".
If you click the middle mouse button (I've recently been told that you use a Mac with a mouse, I'm not sure there's a middle mouse button),
you can see grandparents as well (in smaller grey boxes).

If you want to see more generations at once, try Outline or Mindmap view.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

reder
I should add captions on those images.

The first one is when the parent (“Biology”) is the active thought. Even though it has 2 children (“Epidemiology”, “Pharmacy”), it only shows “Pharmacy” because “Epidemiology” is connected with a link with a type assigned (“is a branch of”).

The second one is when “Epidemiology” is the active thought. Here the link type is displayed correctly.

The third one is when I removed the link type on “Epidemiology”. Then it shows correctly that Biology has 2 children. 
DavidGretzschel
ah I get it now. But I can't replicate on 11.48 and Windows.
It shows correctly for me.

TempBranching.png 

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
@reder 

It looks like you are using One Way Links.  Open the link properties and turn this feature off (Uncheck the One Way box) and all should be well.

One way links are used for this specific purpose, when you DON'T want to see the connected thought, when approaching from one direction.

Thanks,
Matt
reder
Oh wow, I didn't notice that was because of One Way Links. Thank you, Matt!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software