wordmuse
Evernote gives exposure to its items such that you can copy a web url and share it with others who can then access that item *without* having access to all the data in the Evernote database.  For example, I can share this:

http://bit.ly/mylittledemmo

Now imagine being able to share out a thought like that, or even better, a self-contained thought hierarchy (no jumps). I suppose in the limit, the entire brain does comprise a self-contained thought hierarchy, but I'm really referring to subsets.

Use case: The family is going on vacation. You create a thought hierarchy called The Vacation and put all kinds of things in it.  One of them is to pick up certain items at a store, which you listed in a thought. You share out the thought to your sweetie, and s/he has it - same as I currently do in Evernote.

Thoughts?

- Bal
pthompson
wordmuse,

This is a great idea and we have something similar in the works.
wordmuse
Any news on this? I find that I could really use this today.
wordmuse
Howdy,

You indicated that this was something you were working on - back in 2013 - more than 2 years ago. I guess it's been either discarded or put on hold.

Any possibility of it being implemented in a future release? Or should I just look for alternative solutions and stop hoping?

No hard feelings if the choice has been to skip this idea. But it would be nice to have - or at least have closure on it.

Thanks.
- Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software