jcadbiz
Harlan the genius et al:

The index search feature takes the Brain to another fractional dimension, or gives another vector in, beyond links, making the whole a lot more time and motion effective.

Usually with a sophisticated indexing search feature I get to go in and play with the details as needed, to specify what gets indexed and what gets ignored. Is there a menu or an XML file somewhere I am missing?

I'll tell you what I need is to not have my 3 & 4 character "=" prefaced keywords ignored. For example I would like to be able to find all occurrances of "=An."  I get a message on searching that short search terms are ignored -- but 1) it's unpredictable, for example "#15" works fine. and 2) one occurrence does turn up of "=An" -- out of the dozen I planted.

Yes these are also tag terms, and I use them that way, but I need to be able to plant them in text or title. The small hit to performance notwithstanding. I know there's a way. Hmm?

Dryopithecus
Hi,

Any word appears in "C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain\res\stopwords.txt" will be ignored by the indexer, and special characters are also ignored.

So you will need to:
1. Open "C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain\res\stopwords.txt", Ctrl+A, Delete, Ctrl+S;
2. In PB, File > Utilities > Rebuild Search Index;

Edit:

You might find the following link interesting:
http://groups.google.com/group/personalbrain-users/web/advanced-searching

zenrain
I forgot about the stopwords file. I'll have to add that. Thanks!
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jcadbiz
Yeah beautiful. There's the XML file and all the settings, and a simple list text file with all the skipped words.

All I had to do was pick a code that isn't one of the words, like =AnP instead of =An. (BTW that stands for "Analysis Page.") All the special characters it says are like blanks which is fine. But it sure as hell finds them, which means they're indexed. It just doesn't recognize "=An" as different than " An", so it ignores it because An is on the list. Got it!

TAB.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software