metta
Just now discovered I can edit the notes in a brain that has been shared with me via email login/sync.

Fortunately, the edits are not saved, but it seems like the person who receives a shared brain should not be able to interact with the note editor at all.

The note menu is also visible, and it seems like this should be hidden, as well.
Harlan
This issue has been documented. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
@Harlan ~

Thanks for confirming.
metta
@Harlan & Engineering Team ~

Thanks so much for the fix on this in TB11.0.44! Very welcome find! ðŸ™‚
jayofemi
Hello Metta,

We did indeed implement this in version 11.0.44 but there were a few toolbar icons still accessible to the readonly user. We have now implemented a complete fix for this such that parts of the Notes and Notes toolbar that are used for editing are now completely inaccessible to a readonly user in version 11.0.45.

Please let us know if you have any further questions/comments.

Thanks,
Jay 
mctrexler
👍
metta
@jayofemi ~

Thanks so much for the update, Jay, as well as the prompt turnaround on this (confirmed) fix. 

Just wondering: is there any chance the menu in shared brains could actually be hidden instead of simply grayed out?  This would make for a simpler, cleaner and more attractive reading experience for the end user, if feasible.
metta
FWIW, Matt recently indicated that completely hiding the note editor was the original goal ~ and I just wanted to confirm this has not changed.

Thanks.
mcaton
It looks like the tool bar has been grayed out for read only users in v11.0.46.  

Matt
metta
mcaton wrote:
It looks like the tool bar has been grayed out for read only users in v11.0.46.
 @mcaton ~

Confirmed. Does this mean there is no plan now to eventually hide the toolbar completely for read-only users?
mcaton
No, graying it out was the final result.  But I've created a NEW feature request to have it actually removed/not visible.

Matt
metta
@mcaton ~

Many thanks, Matt! Always appreciate your conscientious help with documenting our add-on feature requests for additional review and consideration. ðŸ™‚

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software