rengel
If I use a file name (i.e. 'autoruns.exe') as a thought name, the file name extension ('.exe') is suppressed. I rather would like to see the file extensions. What do I have to change?
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
Reinhard ,

I've tested this with multiple "file extension" names, including your example, and have found no issue naming Thoughts. Anything I may be missing during testing?

Spacenexus

I think he's referring to .exe files, .doc files etc being dragged in and the extension then not being visible in the thought name.

It's a fair request, but I for one wouldn't like this feature, so if it was implemented it should be optioned in preferences.

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
rengel
Yes, Spacenexus is right; it happens when dragging filenames into the plex.
(My fault: I didn't test to enter filenames manually but just assumend the same behavior.)
And yes, it would be best to make this a preference (similar to the one in Windows Explorer).

If you use TheBrain as a software repository and drag code files into a brain, losing the file extensions would mean that you can't distinguish say C/C++ header files and implementation files, or you can't tell Python from PHP files. (Of course, then you could use tags, types, colors, whatever. But that would be more work.)

Spacenexus

Recall also that the icons already automatically reflect file type so that image so that does already help.

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
rengel
Not quite. It adds to the confusion. Have a look at this:

Click image for larger version - Name: Filenames.png, Views: 94, Size: 73.93 KB

pthompson
I will see if this is something that can be implemented. A temporary workaround, in the meantime, is to simply rename the Thought to include the extension after the file has been added.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software