korm
SiteBrain HTML in Chrome 18.x on 10.7.x (TheBrain 7.0.3.0) will display the wallpaper but no thoughts or navigation.   The same SiteBrain export works fine in Safari 5.x, OmniWeb, DEVONthink.

Is this a fixable problem?  (I won't be subscribing to the online service just to view my data in Chrome. )
zoner
Viewing the sitebrain locally (on your local machine) wont work in Chrome. However, I think if you upload it to your web server and view it online in Chrome it will work. You should give that a try.
korm
zoner wrote:
Viewing the sitebrain locally (on your local machine) wont work in Chrome... etc.

Thanks! That's what I posted. 

The question is "Is this a fixable problem" -- i.e., fixable by the software supplier.
jbennett
Hello, 

Thanks for posting.  For security reasons, Chrome does not allow access to your local file system.  Because of this it will not be possible to view your SiteBrains without first uploading them to a web server.

-James
korm
jbennett wrote:
For security reasons, Chrome does not allow access to your local file system.
Not exactly correct.  Chrome handles local sites just fine.
jbennett
Hello, 

Yes and no.  Loading a web page from the file system using the file:// protocol is okay, however, Chrome prevents making subsequent file:// calls using xhr due to potential security risks.

James

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software