andreas
I type a word into the search box, i.e. I manage to type 2 letters then the system goes into search-hibernation for 10-15 seconds before I am allowed to type more. In other words, the search box in TB9.79 for Mac is unusably slow. 

Once I get the results, and click on them with the mouse, the search results disappear but no thought is being activated. I need to use "enter" to get the actual result.

Just to clarify: this is a real show-stopper. Searching in TB9 on my fast machine is seriously dysfunctional! In the release note I read about fast search but it does not work in my case. Anyone has the same problems. Any ideas how to speed up search?
pthompson
andreas,

This is definitely not happening on my Mac. I've tried a couple of different Brains. I am able to search quickly and click on results. Have you tried more than one Brain?
mcaton
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I'm seeing just a slight pause while typing in the search box, but certainly not 10 - 15 seconds and no problems with mouse clicking on the results.  We'll continue testing on several other Brains and systems to try and replicate.

Thank you,
Matt
andreas
After your replies I thought that it might be my machine giving me headaches. And yes, after reindexing spotlight and restarting in safe mode, the search is indeed running at full speed. Another ElCapitan surprise for me.

mcaton
Andreas,

Thanks for the update!  We'll still keep an eye on the new Search to make sure it's faster than ever.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software