tb_stubs
If an attachment icon in the thought is selected and then right-clicked for some menu options, the normal note options pop up, but one would probably expect or welcome the attachment options from within the notes editor when activating an attachment.

In addition a simple keyboard-delete for a selected attachment in the notes editor would be handy.
DavidGretzschel

I'm not really sure what you mean.
You can map a binding for an Attachment-delete yourself, though.

I use shift+delete:

Click image for larger version - Name: map yourself.png, Views: 34, Size: 28.46 KB
tb_stubs

You can map a binding for an Attachment-delete yourself, though.

I use shift+delete:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I usually use ykeys on my mac and sometimes forget about built in solutions...
the bindings "delete" and "reveal in finder" will work for me, thanks again!

I basically meant this:

when I am in notes and right click on an attachment I get this menu:

Screenshot_1.jpg 

When I click on a thought, I get this menu:

screenshot_2.jpg 

since I am already on a selected and enlarged icon, it would make sense to me
to have such additional options related to the attachment:

Screenshot_3.jpg 
(I already applied your keyboard suggestion 😉)

tb_stubs
A small addition: since those functions are already implemented in the notes editor they almost work with bindings on the main screen. E.g. if I activate "reveal in finder" in the notes editor it will work one time with the selected thought in the main screen, which gives a good impression how swiftly one could work with the attachment without using the notes editor...
peterB
@tb_stubs
Thank you for the suggestion! We're happy to consider such changes to make TheBrain smoother for you. How are you imagining this working if there are multiple attachments on a thought?
tb_stubs
For multiple attachments I would consider if there are special menu options that could apply to multiple attachments, like "delete all attachments (which could then use the same delete shortcut)", "open all in finder", etc. If you click one level deeper in the list view, you have already implemented the function to manage the attachments with the usual menu from the notes editor...
If you display the list as tabs, you could delete the frontmost one, for example...
I think there are some intuitive and logical options to explore.
DavidGretzschel

@tb_stubs
Hmm.... I'd like the context-menu key on the keyboard to open this menu:
context.png 
instead of the Thought-specific menu, which it does now.
But right-clicking the Thought on the Plex bringing up the Thought-menu, that actually makes sense to me.

You can get the Attachment-context menu by right-clicking anywhere into the greyspace, why should there be one more place on the Plex for this?

Though personally I'd never use the mouse anyway, if I don't absolutely have to.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

tb_stubs

You can get the Attachment-context menu by right-clicking anywhere into the greyspace, why should there be one more place on the Plex for this?

Though personally I'd never use the mouse anyway, if I don't absolutely have to.

I fully agree, I wouldn't use a mouse if I didn't have to...(this would change again when the extended view returns, because you think slightly different with the mouse in your hand and when you are arranging your thoughts) but I also want a maximum of space for the plex and the open note editor, only if you have to. If there was already a possibility to delete an attachment of a selected thought in the plex by keyboard input and to open an attachment in the finder as well, I would be quite satisfied.
The context menu would of course be something for people who prefer to work with the mouse.
peterB
Thanks @tb_stubs, I've submitted the feature request to our engineers. We'll look into implementing some version of this and let you know if/when we do.

- Peter
DavidGretzschel

@tb_stubs
Yeah, extended view would probably be a good use for the mouse.
Though I'd really like the ability to quickly move stuff around with ctrl+arrow for smaller lists.

Context-Menues are actually very useful for keyboard-users, too.

On a Windows-keyboard (is that a word?) there's a dedicated button for it.
I use that for accessing less often used functionality like "duplicate Thought",
which isn't worth having a keybinding for, but is convenient to access via context,
arrow keys and then enter.

If I could only highlight a link, I could use that key to do most of what I'd want with link types.
[like actually using them]

Isn't there a context-menu/Apps-key on a Mac keyboard?
Maybe that could work for you as well. (the Apps-key opening the Attachment context, when Plex is not focussed, I mean)

"Show in Explorer" would be "Show in Finder" (I think)
Anything you see in a dialog like this can be mapped.

explorer.png 

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software