igoldsmid1
It should be possible to create a Thought and then define rules for that Thought to automatically process the linking of Children or Jumps:

For example:

Any Thought that has Thought Type 1 or 2, or 3 etc is linked as a Child (or Jump) to [Smart Thought "x"]

Any Thought that is Tagged with Tag 1, or 2, or 3 etc is linked as a Child (or Jump) to [Smart Thought "x"]

More generally: Any Thought that has any user specified Properties .... is linked as a Child (or Jump) to [Smart Thought "x"]

And it should be possible to create "complex" rules that specify various and / or conditions ... involving Thought Types, Tags, Dates etc ..

Basically this would likely be using the same "Smart Rules" functionality of Reports - but instead of just producing a rather limited-use flat list ........ (I'll say no more, you all know what I mean :-) )

PB Users -  shall we build a groundswell about this great and highly desirable feature ! ?

Ian Goldsmid
galderson
Hi this seems to be very similar to this post here:
http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=4070797

Geoff Alderson
zenrain
This is a longstanding request (see also here and the Uservoice request) that would be extremely useful.

I like the idea to specify the link relationship, I may be mistaken, but I don't think that's been brought up before.
+1
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
igoldsmid1
galderson wrote:
Hi this seems to be very similar to this post here:
http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=4070797

No not really ...
Ian Goldsmid
galderson
Thanks zenrain, I read the links you posted. I'm still learning how to use PB, but isn't there something called Custom Report that should do all this?

I did a bit of a forum search on smart thoughts but am totally confused - there seem to be several different ideas on what the term really means and how it should be carred out. I can't really work out why everyone wants to duplicate something that can be done right now, in the Plex (linking thoughts to thoughts).

Geoff Alderson
igoldsmid1
zenrain wrote:
This is a longstanding request (see also here and the Uservoice request) that would be extremely useful.

I like the idea to specify the link relationship, I may be mistaken, but I don't think that's been brought up before.
+1

Hi Zenrain - yes indeed similar - Harlan refers to this "feature is part of BrainEKP using a module we call ThoughtSeeker" - its as if he's saying its an advanced feature that only enterprise users (who presumably pay a lot more money) get.

However, as far as I'm concerned, this feature is a key part of much less expensive products than personal brain - i.e. Kinook's Ultrarecall, and Tom Davis's Zoot...

Lets keep the groundswell going ...
Ian Goldsmid

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software