Underdog
Sometimes the Snooze Button is not active, even if more that one event is listed. Choosing another reminder time or clicking on the events (or even a not-related thought) does not change the status of the Snooze Button; only the Snooze All Button is available, thus making event reminders not individually...well... snoozable.

So far, I haven't been able to detect any pattern in this behavior, but I'll keep an eye on it.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Spacenexus
Now that you mention it, noticed that too.

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
zenrain
Yup, me too.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe
Thanks guys. I have notified our developers about this problem.

Thanks,
Moe

Spacenexus

Still an issue in 6040.

@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Moe
Spacenexus, We have not been able to reproduce this problem therefore it has not been fixed. Since it is an intermittent problem, do you notice that it happens certain times but not others? If so, could you share with us your observations. If you are able to consistently reproduce the problem, we would appreciate it if you could share with us the series of steps you take leading up to the problem. We will continue testing on our end to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Moe
Spacenexus
From what i see it could be a user design issue rather than a bug. When the snooze dialogue with multiple reminders first appears, none of the reminders are highlighted so the individual snooze controls appear ghosted and inactive (first image).

The user has to click on the first thought to snooze to highlight the individual controls (second thought). This has the effect of highlighting the reminder line in blue and activating the corresponding thought.

I think an interim step is required here. Just like with windows explorer as an analogy, i can click on a file name and the filename highlights in blue. If i immediately click on the windows explorer background after this, the file still remains highlighted but with a line box instead of a fill to show that file is not the focus.

So when the multiple snooze dialogue appears, the first reminder should have a light line box around it to show that it is the first active reminder. The individual snooze and dismiss buttons should be highlighted and active. If i THEN click on that reminder, it should be highlighted with the normal blue fill and the thought activated, just as behaviour is now.

This interim step would be useful as it is a logical user expectation to be able to snooze the first reminder without having to activate the thought.

I now can't recall whethere i was having genuine problems with snoozing individual reminders, or getting caught out by this design issue.

Hope those suggestions help.

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: snooze_1.png, Views: 99, Size: 16.21 KB Click image for larger version - Name: snooze_2.png, Views: 102, Size: 13.17 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Spacenexus
I can see the snooze and dismiss buttons are definately inactive in this example of a single reminder, even when the thought is highlighted. Technically, using snooze all or dismiss all would suffice for a single reminder but logically the snooze all and dismiss all should be ghosted and the single dismiss and snooze active.

I'm still waiting to re-observe the single dismiss and snooze buttons being inactive with multiple reminders with one of those highlighted.

So far there are two issues of design logic that require tweaking, above and the one in my previous post.

Best

Jim
Click image for larger version - Name: reminder3.png, Views: 89, Size: 12.89 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Underdog
With 6.0.4.0 I was able to reproduce this issue in connection with Transparent Mode.
Reproduction steps:
1. (Re)Start PB and allow reminder window to appear (if necessary, set at least 2 events with due dates and times within, say, 2 minutes). If you click on any single event, the Snooze Button will be activated as expected (top screenshot). Feel free to snooze the events, either one by one or with Snooze All, or just go to the next step.
2. Switch to Transparent Mode, wait 30 seconds (just to be sure), switch back to Float Mode and wait for reminder window to appear (or force it by changing the system time). When clicking on an event, the Snooze Button remains inactive. (bottom screenshot)

Click image for larger version - Name: SnoozeActive.jpg, Views: 77, Size: 28.71 KB Click image for larger version - Name: SnoozeInactive.jpg, Views: 80, Size: 31.50 KB

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Spacenexus
Nice catch underdog.

Also spotted another inconsistancy as now with a single reminder the single dismiss and snooze buttons are highlighted. This happens to be a repeating task if that helps.

"Put the kettle on Gromit, I sense the day is going to hold even more adventure, lad!"
Click image for larger version - Name: reminder4.png, Views: 76, Size: 16.55 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Moe
@underdog, Thank You for keeping an eye out and posting the series of steps which leads to the undesirable outcome. Our engineers have been notified accordingly. We will have a fix to this in a future update of PB.

@spacenexus, Thank You for your comments and feedback. You certainly make some good points. I will pass your feedback over to our development team now.

Thanks,
Moe 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software