zenrain
I'm submitting two new themes to the community, based on Ethan Schoonover's Solarized colors.

When I'm running light I set the Links Thickness in Preferences to 0.5, otherwise they get a bit overwhelming. I've also disabled text shadows (although enabling won't make much of a difference and I don't use backgrounds. 

When I'm running dark I've found I can set the link thickness to 1.0 just fine, but thin links is how I roll...

This is just my interpretation of Ethan's fantastic color pallet, I'm sure there are different ones also.

Enjoy. Click image for larger version - Name: Solarized_Light.png, Views: 1183, Size: 31.61 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Solarized_Dark.png, Views: 1173, Size: 29.42 KB
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain
Update, TheBrain User Knowledgebase now uses a variant of Solarized Light.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
I enjoy the darker version. Thank you for sharing. 
zenrain
Quote:
I enjoy the darker version. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Here's an extra tip if you plan on using one of the themes:
If you use the colors below as your thought types (once again taken from the Solarized theme), and have Apply Colors to Text set in Preferences > Look and Feel you can switch between the light and dark theme and they will work equally well. 

To add them to the Type, activate it and click the color wheel. Click [Custom]. In the Hex box type in one of the color codes below:
  • Yellow: b58900
  • Orange: cb4b16
  • Red: dc322f
  • Magenta: d33682
  • Violet: 6c71c4
  • Blue: 268bd2
  • Cyan: 2aa198
  • Green: 859900

Enjoy.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
andreas
Wonderful idea, thanks, zenrain! I especially enjoy the darker theme. Very nice and non-obtrusive. These themes should become standard in TB8 :-)

zenrain
For those who don't know, I've created a new thought in TheBrain User Knowledgebase with directions on how to access the Themes folder. Sorry, I haven't included Linux directions as I don't have a box to test with.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
zenrain,

The user themes for OSX are located in the .TheBrain folder, which can be accessed by opening the Templates folder and navigating back one level to the .TheBrain folder. The location you mentioned also works, however.

On Linux, the Templates folder is located in the 'TheBrain' application folder.

zenrain
Thanks Patrick!

I'll update the information.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Qwill
Thanks for these wonderful themes !
They really transform TheBrain experience on the desktop.
I even changed the default Notes template to reflect the new colours too.
However; I really miss a way to customize the color palette of "theBRain" executable itself; so that others panels (tab; links etc. become also solarized-compliants!!!)
TheBrain 9.0.250 -  OsX High Sierra &  Win7
zenrain
Glad you like them. [smile] I agree, it would be nice to be able to customize the colors in the other tabs so they match your theme. It's a bit jarring going from a custom notes background to white.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
ShelleyHayduk
Ah... so this is where Patrick got his rad colors for his Brain. Right now I have the opposite of this. A pic of the new meat eating dinosaur they just discovered. Needless to say its not relaxing but I smile when I see it. This skin will be next on my list.
Shelley
cristianosiri
Hi,
thanks for the themes, I would love to use them on my brand new The Brain 8 on my Mac.

Just I copied them in the Theme Folder, but the don't show up in the menu from inside the brain (Option > Set Them).

I'm doing anything wrong?
Could you kindly help me? 

Thanks!

* : )

Cristiano
cristianosiri
Solved, i was putting the file in the wrong directory.

Thank you for sharing the themes, i really like them!

* : )

Cristiano
zenrain
Yay! Glad to hear the themes are useful to people, thanks!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain

Don't know that I've posted this before, but if you are using the solarized themes you might want to customize your note window settings also. 
From the Notes Window, choose File > Set Default Notes Style.
Set your font to something pretty (I use Avenir Next)
Click Background Color and enter FDF6E3 as the HEX number.
Click Text Color and enter 073642 as the HEX number.

Alternately, if you use the Dark theme, use 073642 as the background and 93A1A1 as the text.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software